A Client Journey – Kiddylicious
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 by Admin — No comments
- Our relationship with Babylicious/Kiddylicious reaches back to 2002 when Sally Preston, the Founder started her new baby food business.
- In the early years, Nova’s support was as much moral as practical but not without success. In 2004, Babylicious won the HSBC Start Up Awards.
- The coming years were exciting and challenging, as new contracts were won with all the major UK retailers. The team was growing and changing and Nova Search played its part in identifying and recruiting the right people to fit into this young, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment.
- In 2014, as the company grew internationally into new markets, such as the Far East (South Korea/China), and North America the recruitment demands increased and Nova Search was successful in placing people across a broad range of disciplines, including Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Food Technology and New Product Development.
- The awards keep coming. In 2015 Sally Preston won the ‘Every Woman award for Business’, and the Grocer Award for New Product of the Year.
- Kiddylicious is no longer a startup business. It employs over 20 people in new offices in Amersham and has sales of over £10,000,000. It is an SME.
- It needed to develop its HR policies to meet both legal and employee expectations. Again, Nova Search were asked to help.
- Nova Search went away and built its HR skills and in 2016 relaunched all Kiddylicious’s HR employment policies including new job descriptions for all staff and Key Performance Indicators.
All this, has only been possible because of the partnership built over time between Nova Search, Kiddylicious and its Founder, Sally Preston.
“I have known Kristina for over 20 years and although we are not in her specialist sector, we have used her skills to find a senior member of my management team on a number of occasions. Kristina showed herself to be adaptable and flexible to new sectors (we operate in Food and Retail). She was resourceful in finding a strong short list of candidates, and all were well briefed before I met them. Her style is purposeful and friendly – she takes time to understand the company culture and role dynamics to avoid sending unsuitable candidates to waste my time. Kristina understood this and was honest about suitability. She screened very effectively. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kristina Lushey irrespective of the sector you work in, as she has proven adaptability and professionalism.”
Sally Preston, Founder/MD of the Kids Food Company Limited, Amersham, Bucks.