This company is on a mission to become the number one natural peanut butter in the UK in the next 3 years and there is no doubt that they are going to do it. They have a great retail customer list as well as dealing with first class online stores, so it’s a fantastic time to join them.
As Wholesale Sales Manager, You will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the roots from which this company has grown continues to boom as the business changes shape . This role is as much about maintaining and growing brand affinity as it is about consumer acquisition and sales growth. Many FMCG brands consider Wholesale a starter role – this is absolutely not the case here as you will be responsible for growing a £1m+ roster of accounts, maintaining & developing 100+ relationships in a strategically vital channel.
Manage and grow the wholesale & out of home channel to become the No.1 PB brand in the sector by 2022.
- Establish the company as the number one Natural Peanut Butter brand in wholesale & out of home through proactively managing all wholesalers, negotiating best in class annual promotional & marketing plans with a particular focus on brand building accounts.
- Establish the company as the loved Peanut Butter brand in the channel through ownership and development of the indies love plan.
- Work collaboratively with brand building accounts to grow our out of home presence through delivery of best in class brand partnerships.
- Grow the company outside our stronghold of the south east, working alongside marketing to develop and implement a regional strategy.
- Develop new and widen existing distribution maximizing the public’s opportunity to discover and enjoy the brand.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure full product range is in all key independent stores (1kgs and 295g jars) as well as selling in NPD.
- In all key accounts max out secondary space/display opportunities, ensure sufficient stock levels and continue to build outstanding relationships with store managers.
- Build creative plans with key restaurants, bakeries & recipe box accounts to ensure we are building brand equity in the right places.
- Gain and share insights on opportunities and risks through creating sales reports p/wholesaler including promotional activity analysis, reporting to Sales Director.
- Forecasting for the accounts you are responsible for, being abreast of their future demand needs.
- Weekly contact with buyers and resolving issues, updating with latest news, new products/promos & being main point of contact for all comms, in and out.
- Deliver annual plans for all wholesale accounts and key stores and work with marketing department to layer on below the line activity and maximise impact.
- Organise and (if necessary) carry out in-store tasting sessions and other retailer marketing activity.
- Develop new distribution in line with the business’ strategy.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience within the food and drinks sector with at least two of them working in UK wholesale.
- Highly numerate, commercial and analytical with a strong aptitude for excel.
- A creative and entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Highly organised, able to multi-task and flex as the business needs grow and change.
- A strong communicator who loves meeting people, you will deal with multiple buyers, managers & a vast array of personalities.
- Strong team player
- Ambitious and energetic.
- Confident in making decisions.
- Comfortable working in an ever changing & demanding environment.
- An existing passion for the brand.
- Driving license
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Salary: Competitive
- EMI options scheme
- Bike to work scheme
Nova Search and Selection are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.