- Work with the Senior Construction Underwriter in developing a Construction and Credit surety book.
- Maintain an Actively Managed Client portfolio.
- To carry out assessments and underwriting for surety bonds and policies to the standards set by the Company.
- Assist the Travel Underwriting team during peak periods with underwriting assessments.
- To provide a high standard of customer care.
- Assessing risks by analysis of prospective client’s financial statements, bank positions, references and other supporting documentation.
- Preparing detailed assessments and visit reports for presentation recommending acceptance or rejection of prospective clients.
- Setting rates and conditions and finalising quotations.
- Reviewing and checking bonds, policies and membership certificates for signature by the Underwriting Director and Managing Director.
- Monitoring the Actively Managed Clients to the standards set by the company.
- Monitoring client risks, including periodic visits and telephone interviews.
- Reviewing bond and policy wordings and supporting documentation as required.
- Surety underwriting experience - Desired
- 2-3 years’ experience in an Underwriting role - Desired but not essential
- Accountancy Background
- Credit insurance
- Experience in assessing businesses for financial failure - Desired
Nova Search & Selection are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.