Office Based (Buckinghamshire)
As Sales Director you will be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing FMCG Babyfood companies, currently no. 2 in the UK snacks and Fingerfood. Expansion plans for 2018-19 are extensive and there is now a requirement for a Sales Director to join our already high performing sales team.
As Sales Director, you will be responsible for all commercial activity (UK and International) relating to building on existing customer and distributor relationships as well as targeting appropriate new customers in conjunction with the long term strategic plan. This role will also be fully accountable for the delivery of the sales budget and increasing profitable growth.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 9 people covering the UK, International markets, and Category Management.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Setting the sales vision and strategy for the business
- Delivering on all agreed goals and objectives as agreed with the MD
- Reporting to the board and inputting on the development of the business strategy
- To be the custodian and internal champion of all commercial and distributor customer relationships
- Having a working knowledge of all systems and procedures relevant to the sales function
- Leading the team to best deliver to customer needs
- Empowering your team to take considered and calculated risks in order to drive the business at the high growth rates required
- Contributing fully and effectively to the culture of high performing teams fostered by the business
- Working within cross-functional, collaborative, and proactive environment, supporting other teams within the business
- Communicating at all levels ensuring excellent transfer of knowledge and team working between all aspects of the business
- Developing and improving relevant KPI reporting systems
- Ensuring relevant and accurate reporting of all customer and market information to the business
To be considered for this role you will have worked as a National Account Controller / Sales Director for a minimum of 5 years. It is preferable that you have worked within the food industry for a retailer or manufacturer. Whilst not essential, multi-channel and International exposure is desirable.
Key personal skills:
- Strong communicator and able to present at all levels
- Strong negotiator
- Good networker with existing relationships in UK retail
- People management and development
- Team player
- Market awareness of competitors and NPD
- Pro-active in setting up new distribution channels
- Detailed understanding of P&L
- Understanding of category management processes
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree level education or equivalent
Nova Search & Selection are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.