Quality Manager, Amersham, Bucks
The Quality Manager will work closely with the Head of Technical to set the tone for high quality and performance excellence in all areas and activities ensuring compliance with the technical policies, procedures and specifications.
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience, with proven capabilities within a quality management role or similar.
- Managing internal QA systems and supplier quality audit schedules, maintaining documentation and compiling reports to ensure product specifications are adhered to through all stages of development and production.
- Liaise with customers on any technical queries, providing support to resolve potential issues whilst working with internal teams including NPD and Supply Chain to minimise potential risks or complaints.
- You will drive product quality improvements making sure that product specifications include appropriate quality attributes.
- You will identify Quality System weaknesses and change as necessary to strengthen, maintain and improve procedures.
- Prepare and report quality KPI’s to senior management.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of QMS as well as knowledge of microbiological standards, HACCP and Allergens.
- Management of packaging specification including migration testing
- Experience of dealing with the major Retailers including Tesco and Sainsburys.
- Confident and articulate with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement improvements in a timely manner.
- Great team management skills coupled with the credibility to influence and support your key customer base.
- Passionate about Quality and keep yourself regularly updated with industry news
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and all its idiosyncrasies.
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Solution driven, a can-do attitude and very keen to learn and grow.
An ability to travel at short notice is essential for this role.
- We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual with a solid technical / quality track record within the food manufacturing industry.
- You will also be a holder of a food science / technology or related degree with relevant experience of HACCP.
- Packaging experience would also be valuable but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-moving company undergoing rapid growth within the industry. So, if you feel that you can fulfil this role and would like to be a part of our amazing team, please do get in touch.
Nova Search is operating as an employment agency for this vacancy