Purchasing Manager/Demand Planner – Bucks – Competitive Salary
We are an award-winning brand that creates delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, with products being sold in every major UK supermarket and worldwide in over 27 countries.
The role: Working as part of a small but growing supply chain team, you will be responsible for the purchase planning across a large group of suppliers all over the world. You will establish collaborative forecasting processes, working closely with the Sales team in particular.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning the Purchase forecasting & order process for all suppliers. Working with UK Sales & International sales teams to ensure an accurate procurement forecast is produced, and orders produced.
- Management of stock levels in line with agreed targets. This includes short dated stock management and dealing with supplier issues.
- Responsible for the review process to validate purchasing requirements, ensuring current retailer inventory, promotional activities & launches are taken into account.
- Management of the 3PL warehouse to ensure all processes are followed with support of the SC assistant.
- Lead S&OP monthly meeting with key stakeholders to ensure all aspects of SC are considered within the monthly processes.
- Measuring & producing a set of Operational KPI’s, as well as communication of these to the wider business.
- Recording and working to improve all service levels associated with our UK retail customers.
- Flexible approach to support all areas of the business and participate in ad hoc projects.
Key Technical Skills/Knowledge/Professional Qualifications Required:
- Graduate level or experience within a MRP/Supply Chain/Logistic function.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and power point, and high level computer literacy across Outlook, Word, etc.
- Experience in generating & manipulating data to produce graphical analysis.
- Previous experience in working with SAP would be beneficial.
- Confident at presenting at all levels of the business
Key Personal Skills Required:
- Be pro-active and have a can-do attitude in order to do work on all Supply chain topics as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Must be conscientious about accuracy when dealing with precise information (dates, stock lines, customers, suppliers, prices, volumes etc).
- Able to form working relationships and develop a network inside and outside of the Company.
- Able to persuade (for example to accept stock, to make stock, prioritise stock picking and avoid fines).
- Strong communicator, with the ability to handle complex information.
- Able to organise themselves, develop new processes and work to real life stock related deadlines.
- The ability to think differently, have fresh ideas, and bring a unique perspective in order to solve challenging and time sensitive problems as a part of a team.
Nova Search & Selection is acting as an employment agency for this role. No other agencies.