£45,000 p.a. Full Time Equivalent - 3 days per week
National Account Manager – FMCG – The search is on for an ambitious and self-starting person to join this fast moving and dynamic children’s toiletries business. This exciting, entrepreneurial company is growing quickly in the UK market and is seeking to expand rapidly into the UK primary schools and nursery sector.
Home based 3 days per week with occasional trips to the Henley based office and some travel as the account base is Nationwide. If successful this role could grow into full time.
Your role will be to quickly build the brand from scratch into primary and nursery schools in the UK. You will be expected to devise a commercial strategy that focuses on chains of nursery schools and independent schools as well as local councils managing groups of schools. You will need to gain a deep understanding of how and when decisions are made, who stock is purchased from and use this knowledge to both build and execute a sales and route to market plan. You must be able to work at pace and efficiently to deliver agreed sales targets.
- To open up this entire sales channel as a new source of business for the company.
- Setting up, securing and growing new business in the schools and nursery channel
- You will be a self-starter, able to work alone with the support of the MD, used to building a brand from scratch in entirely new channels
- Negotiating business plans, within pre-agreed guidelines to selected customers (nursery chains, LEA’s, groups of independent schools) in order to maximise sales volumes, turnover and profitability in accordance with objectives.
- Identify business opportunities within each account and develop plans to secure them. This should including discussing how best to position products in schools to maximise usage and adhere to government guidelines.
- Analyse sales performance by customer and provide insights on usage, sku size and product innovation recommendations
Skills and Experience:
- You will be a self-starter, able to work largely alone but with the judgement to bring in the MD when needed.
- Able to build business from nothing, developing and agreeing strategy with MD, identifying target customers and contacting them, selling the brand in on a long-term basis, negotiating the best deals
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in account management, experience in growing brands from nothing or a small base with small budgets.
- You will be relentlessly focused on delivering against jointly agreed sales targets
- You must be a strong customer relationship builder and negotiator
- Able to plan and organise effectively with excellent communication skills to be able to present and influence across a wide range of customer contacts.
- Analytical ability – able to use national market, customer and internal data to create compelling selling stories for customers.
- Attention to detail – creating customer proposals, tracking progress, reporting to company board etc.
- Experience of working with the schools and nursery schools sector is a definite advantage.
- An interest in children’s personal care, environmental, ethical and social issues would be an advantage
Nova Search & Selection is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.