This wonderful high net worth couple need a Part-time Housekeeper to look after their beautiful 6 bedroom, 6 bathroom beautiful Georgian Mansion set in extensive grounds near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk. 20 Hours Per Week. 10.00am – 2.00pm 5 days per week or a variance thereof.
- Must be a car driver.
- Be available to walk dogs when the Principal is absent so MUST be a dog lover.
- Ensure that all areas of the house are cleaned to a high standard; polishing of silver and glassware.
- Prepare guest bedrooms with towels, soap etc.
- Preparation of occasional light meals for the household.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Mopping and Sweeping the Terrace.
- Shopping locally for food and household products working to a budget, and producing accounts as required.
- Dealing with deliveries and arranging repairs to household equipment. Replace lightbulbs.
- Clean out bins and put out recycling, regular trips to the bottle bank.
- Water plants and throw out dead flowers.
- Clean out fridges/freezers/coffee machine/dishwasher monthly or as required.
- Plump sofa cushions.
- Caring for and maintaining of principal's wardrobe, and sewing if required.
- Laundry of all bed and bath linen and any other general household laundry. Bedding currently sent out for ironing. May be ad hoc ironing. Change all used beds weekly.
- Daily curtain drawing and turn down.
- Clean skirting boards and cupboards every 3 months or so.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment for the couple.
- On occasion the post holder may be required to provide general assistance to house guests and visitors.
- An experienced housekeeper able to organise a home and run it.
- Previous experience cooking for a private residence would be beneficial.
- Confident cooking for small or large numbers (two big house parties per year).
- To be punctual, organised, meticulous and able to undertake duties in a timely manner.
- To be personable and able to communicate with a range of people.
- To have a hands-on and flexible attitude to work and be a helpful and willing personality.
- To possess good team working skills.
- To be committed to maintaining and providing the highest standards of service.
- To possess a friendly, polite and approachable disposition with the ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Good communication skills.
- A clean full driving licence essential.
- You should also have a right to work in the UK and will be required to provide proof of that.
Really wonderful opportunity. The Principal is down to earth, a friendly and fair employer. The house is absolutely gorgeous, a wonderful working environment.