Part-Time Financial Controller (1-2 days per week) – Salary according to experience
Working Remotely - Working from home
The search is on for an experienced Financial Controller, with experience not only in the UK, but also of handling the financial complexities of the Chinese Market to join this new, fast moving and dynamic business. This company is a game changer in the field of men’s beauty. They offer affordable luxury products to all men to combat skin challenges and enhance their appearance and aim to become a brand leader in the men’s beauty industry.
The company is expanding quickly and needs to find a forward thinking, experienced financial controller to take full ownership of the finance function and provide strategic guidance and representation on both finance and commercial matters.
Initially a part-time position (1-2 days per week), this has the potential to become a full-time role in the future as the business grows, giving you the opportunity to shape both the finance function and the strategic direction of the business. The role requires hands on accounting, covering all the basics such as producing management accounts but also strategic and commercial support, including stock management and forecasting.
About the Role:
To be considered for the position, you must have a track record of building and scaling a finance function, and will ideally have experience of dealing with a fast growing start-up company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing business and that will provide both challenge and reward to the successful applicant.
You MUST also have dealt with the Chinese market, in particular understand the relationship with TMall, our Chinese ecommerce partner, with regards to expenses, pre-payments etc. and also Alibaba the biggest online commerce company. You will be aware that TMall and Alibaba.com have hundreds of millions of users, and thus the data that is supplied by them is huge.
- Responsible for the company’s financial organisation, maximising business efficiency and profitability, reporting to CEO.
- Responsible for all daily financial transactions and due diligence.
- Develop and maintain performance measurements (KPI’s)
- Develop and implement sales forecasting tool, reporting regular updates and variance to actual results.
- Week and monthly sales reporting.
- Design, review and maintain financial and operational policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Prepare all relevant management accounts and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare financial plan/budget for future periods and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Keep a general ledger up to date at all times.
- Establish good practices with VAT/Customs officials of HMRC.
- Manage and develop relationship with Bank
- Calculate and prepare the annual price increase for each product, to be agreed with Head of Sales and Marketing and the CEO.
- Manage the price structure when there is any change in product/ overhead costs.
- Participate and advise on price negotiations for new products entering the portfolio.
- Forward currency planning and contracts
- Assist with the annual budgeting process and ongoing monitoring of actual performance vs budget and KPI’s.
- All day to day accounting duties including accounts payable and receivables, credit card reconciliations, bank reconciliations, petty cash control, accruals.
- Management of payroll.
- Completing all in year and year end filing with HMRC, including P60’s and P11D’s.
- Stock control and demand planning and ordering.
- New product set up and margin reporting.
- You should be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, with a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Knowledge of invoice finance and import loans.
- You will be happy to roll your sleeves up and get involved with this entrepreneurial, fast paced and exciting company. No ivory tower available.
- You will be resilient and tenacious.
- You will be analytical – you are all over the data and can bring new and relevant insights to the business.
- You will be results driven – you can show examples of strong, tangible business results that you have lead personally.
- You will be personable with a collaborative attitude but not be afraid to pinpoint any potential issues, gaps or errors in current accounting practice or ways in which things can be done better. We are all ears.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail with great organisational skills.
- Sense of humour.
Nova Search is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy