Part-Time Financial Controller (3 days per week) - Part Time Salary £35k-£40k
Based in South West London, we are a company that produces the tastiest peanut butter, and that craft is at the heart of what we do. We sell our fantastic products online and through major retailers.
Our company is growing quickly and needs to find a forward thinking, experienced financial controller to take full ownership of the finance function and provide strategic guidance and representation on both finance and commercial matters.
Initially a part-time position (3 days per week), this has the potential to become a full-time role in the future as the business grows, giving you the opportunity to shape both the finance function and the strategic direction of the business. The role requires hands on accounting, covering all the basics such as book-keeping, administration but also strategic and commercial support.
About the Role:
To be considered for the position, you must have a track record of building and scaling a finance function, and will ideally have experience of dealing with a fast growing start-up company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing business and that will provide both challenge and reward to the successful applicant.
- Responsible for all daily financial transactions.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Prepare all relevant management accounts and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare financial plan/budget for future periods and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Keep a general ledger up to date at all times.
- Create suitable processes and systems.
- Establish good practices with VAT/Customs officials of HMRC.
- You should be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, with a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience
- You will be happy to roll your sleeves up and get involved with this entrepreneurial, fast paced and exciting company. No ivory tower available.
- You will be resilient and tenacious.
- You will be analytical - you are all over the data and can bring new and relevant insights to the business.
- You will be results driven - you can show examples of strong, tangible business results that you have lead personally.
- You will be personable with a collaborative attitude but not be afraid to pinpoint any potential issues, gaps or errors in current accounting practice or ways in which things can be done better. We are all ears.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail with great organisational skills.
- Sense of humour.
Nova Search is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy