National Account Controller
This company is the fastest growing brand in the baby food market. They are passionate in their vision that great tasting and nutiritous food is the key to developing and educating young palates, and that giving a wide variety of tastes and textures from a young age children can develop a positive attitude to food for life. With innovation at its core this company's range has grown every year bringing something new to the baby and toddler snacking fixture with each and every product launch.
About the Role
The Sales Controller key responsibility will be to manage and develop the major multiple Grocery / Retailer accounts as well as leading and coaching direct reports.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Sales Controller will have previous experience of managing large Top 4 retail accounts (Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys) ideally within a branded food/non food category.
Your main duties will be to:
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of all aspects of the business and retail account.
- Support and coach the NAMS and NAEs in the day to day management of their accounts.
- Oversee account plans for each part of the business that are designed to deliver against company and retailer objectives and KPI’s.
- Take on the direct day to day management of any aspect of the account as required due to holidays/sickness or vacancies.
- Track performance against budget and have a regularly reviewed action plan to ensure the accounts hits/exceeds budget.
- Understand and build knowledge of major competitors.
- Liaise closely with marketing and category teams to build a strong knowledge of market performance, category performance and key consumer measures.
- Develop a sound understanding of the cost structure of products in order to ensure all opportunities to drive profitable sales are exploited.
- Manage development plans for direct reports and support their development through regular reviews.
- You will be a Sales Controller within a branded FMCG Manufacturer with a proven track record in managing and developing the major retailer / Grocery top 4 accounts. Tesco experience will be deemed advantageous.
You will likely be a Sales Controller or an experienced SNAM looking to work somewhere great.
Here are the most important things we’re looking for from you:
- A great track record of driving sales and profitability while working on Top 4 FMCG accounts
- Results driven - you can show examples of strong, tangible business results that you have led personally
- Resilience and tenacity - obstacles don’t hold you back and you work effectively when faced with a tough buyer or tricky negotiation
- Analytical - you are all over the data and can bring new and relevant insights on your accounts
- Great relationship builder - you are personable and have a collaborative attitude to working with the buyer, getting the result we need for Kiddylicious but in a responsible and natural manner
- Leadership - the more junior members of the sales team are able to look to you for guidance or knowledge and you bring a positive energy to the team
- You are a great fit for the team
- Experience of line managing and developing talent
Nova Search & Selection operates as an employment agency for this vacancy.