Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the brand with consumers, trade and opinion formers.
- Act as the brand owner. Lead a distinctive brand definition and visual identity and be the guardian for all key brand decisions across the UK and internationally.
- Lead the development of the Repeatable Success Model and champion its implementation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the brand toolkit is in place to ensure UK and International markets have all the assets they need to represent the brand in the market including a visual asset, promotional toolkit, communication tool kit.
- Create annual marketing plans and oversee implementation. Report progress to the Board.
- Lead, mentor, challenge, inspire and empower the marketing and design teams with overall responsibility for consumer and trade facing campaigns and communication including packaging and websites, and successful delivery of the brand messages and campaign ROI
- Own and manage all marketing services supplier relationships, negotiating the best commercial terms. Working closely in particular with the marketing agency to support the global growth of the brand.
- Seek and manage the most appropriate third-party partners for collaboration to enhance reputation and achieve business goals.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that key retail customers buy into our support plans and the company remains at the top as the category innovator.
- Oversee activity carried out through distributors, supporting on adhoc requests but supporting also with assets, experience and insight to help maximise the brand’s impact and success in each country.
- Delivery of consumer insight and consumer led marketing thinking into the NPD process. Translate the innovation strategy into a compelling and practical vision, securing buy-in at the highest levels across the organisation.
- Maintain effective internal/corporate communications to align the company around the brand direction and strategic choices and tactical marketing activity. Ensure that all relevant company functions and stakeholders are informed of marketing objectives.
The successful applicant:
- The ideal person will have come from a senior position within marketing from an FMCG environment, a Head of Marketing level or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent with a relevant marketing qualification and 7-10 years’ experience of delivering measurable growth for a consumer facing brand or product, that has challenged the market and driven real change.
- You will have an in depth understanding of channels/disciplines including but not exclusive to branding, advertising, CRM, research, PR, and social media.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic, collaborative team player and manager with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills, personal drive, tenacity and energy.
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong presentation – and communication skills both written and verbal.
- A food industry background is useful.
- Able to lead a multifunctional marketing team and deliver projects in a highly collaborative way, whilst juggling a wide range of priorities and personalities effectively.
- Ability to think outside of the box, with a creative outlook and have demonstrated strong creative thinking in previous roles from a brand led background.
- Results oriented with strong analytic skills and business sense, testing multiple channels in the market to drive acquisition.
- Has a strong knowledge of the UK market and an international mindset
Nova Search & Selection are acting as an employment agency for this role.