Logistics and Customer Supply Chain Executive– South West London/WFH – Competitive Salary and Benefits
THE OPPORTUNITY: To join a growing, unbelievably passionate team that has the fastest growing peanut butter brand in UK retail.
THE BRAND: This company is on a mission to become the number one natural peanut butter in the UK in the next couple of years. Through sourcing the finest peanuts from a single family run estate in Argentina and adopting the kind of meticulous production processes they’re used to seeing in the likes of coffee and chocolate, they create mind blowing, multi award winning products.
Existing consumers are willing to pay more for it, more often and it’s introducing new people to peanut butter every day. With a customer list that includes the likes of Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado, Booths, Gousto, Mindful Chef, Farmdrop and Whole Foods Market delivering extraordinary growth. THIS IS AN UNBELIEVABLY EXCITING TIME TO JOIN THE FRAY!
This is a dual role working with a small, close-knit team. You will be responsible for ensuring that stock is in the right place at the right time, managing transport and relationships with our 3rd party warehouses, whilst also building relationships with our customers supply chain teams and ultimately driving sales growth.
This role would suit someone that pays attention to detail, enjoys project management and relationship building and is generally able to make order out of chaos.
- To continuously work towards lowering costs without compromising our service, which could involve everything from changing whom we work with to revolutionising the way we pack our goods.
- Ensure stock is in the right place at the right time, ranging from our warehouses to customer depots and store shelves.
- Develop ways to improve our performance, efficiency, sustainability and efficacy based on logistics metrics and customer feedback.
- Know our products inside out and work at all times to provide an amazing experience to customers.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage warehouse stocks, working with the production planner to ensure there is sufficient cover whilst minimising any slow moving/obsolete lines.
- Assist in arranging collections and delivery from our manufacturers
- Build strong relationships with haulier companies and warehouses, ensuring the business is getting the best service for the best price as we grow.
- Ensure our shipping methods are as efficient as possiblefrom both a cost and environmental perspective.
- Be the expert in cross-border shipping, ensuring we can continue to support our growth in other territories
- Forecast warehouse & storage requirements and share this data collaboratively with our partners
- Check and approve invoices from haulier companies
Customer Supply Chain
- Develop and own the relationships with our customers supply chain teams
- Process B2B customer orders, working with finance to resolve any credit issues.
- Raise and process all customer invoices and credit notes
- Work closely with the warehouse and delivery partners to ensure customers receive their goods on time, in full.
- Forecast sales demand with the sales team. Analyse trends and work to improve accuracy.
- Respond to and report on all customer complaints and issues, whilst satisfying customer needs in the best way
- Monthly analysis and reporting on logistics and customer fulfilment KPIs
- Gain useful insights from customer relationships to share with the team.
Events and Sampling
- Organise deliveries of event sets and stock
- Help the team set up at events and samplings where necessary
- Support the sales team with sample send-outs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years supply chain/logistics/customer service/operations experience gained within an FMCG company
- Multi-tasker able to prioritise
- Flexible, able to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills, and able to advise on issues that need resolution
- Should be highly accurate and consistent when handling large amounts of data
- Microsoft Office literate, with strong English and numeracy skills
- Good at working with processes and guidelines
- Continually looking to improve and challenge the status quo
- Excellent at building working relationships with all levels of stakeholder
- Degree level education or similar
Role is full-time, working 9am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday but with flexible working. 3 days working from home 2 days in the office (Monday and Tuesday) currently, but subject to review.
COMPENSATION AND PERKS:
- Salary: Competitive
- EMI options scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- 28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays
- Significant L&D budget
- Auto-enrolment Pension
Nova Search and Selection are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.