Technologist, Amersham, Bucks
This award-winning company, the largest business in their product sector and with further plans to expand need a technologist. This is a fantastic time to become part of the vibrant and innovative team.
The technologist will work closely with the Technical Manager to set the tone for high quality and performance excellence in all areas and activities ensuring compliance with the technical policies, procedures and specifications.
· You will have at least 3 years’ experience, with proven capabilities within a technical or similar.
· Experience of auditing suppliers and compiling reports to support the due diligence required.
· Liaise with customers on any technical queries, providing support to resolve potential issues whilst working with internal teams including NPD and Supply Chain to minimise potential risks or complaints.
· You will drive product quality improvements making sure that product specifications include appropriate quality attributes.
· You will identify Quality System weaknesses and change as necessary to strengthen, maintain and improve procedures.
· Prepare and report quality KPI’s to senior management.
· Have a comprehensive understanding of QMS as well as knowledge of microbiological standards, HACCP and Allergens.
· Management of packaging specification including migration testing, understanding of sustainability and driving it with forward with suppliers
· Experience of dealing with the major Retailers including Tesco and Sainsburys. Would be beneficial.
· Have experience of identifying issues and problem solving in a technical setting.
· Confident and articulate with analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement improvements in a timely manner.
· Great team management skills coupled with the credibility to influence and support your key customer base.
· Passionate about Quality and keep yourself regular updated with industry news
· Endearingly affinity for Microsoft Office and all it quirks
· Great communication and organizational skills
· Solution driven, a can-do attitude and very keen to learn and grow.
The ability to travel occasionally is required for this role.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual with a solid technical / quality track record within the food manufacturing industry. You will have first- hand experience of dealing with supplier/retailers You will also be a holder of a food science / technology or related degree with relevant experience of HACCP.
Nova Search and Selection are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.