Compliance and Risk Executive
To support the Group Compliance and Risk Officer in all compliance related business activities, ensuring that the Group maintains and ensure full compliance with the relevant regulatory and legal authority. To ensure that any Groups Risk exposures are identified and managed to ensure that risks are minimised.
To assist the Compliance and Risk Officer in:
- Provide support in any statutory and regulatory requirements and governance across the business;
- Providing support within the sanctions process to the Business;
- Providing support in the roll out of any Group wide compliance initiatives ensuring, enhancing and implementing compliance best practice;
- Developing and enhancing the availability and quality of Compliance MI such as complaints MI, sanctions MI etc;
- Maintaining group wide registrations with the FCA/ICO;
- Assisting in planning and implementing various compliance projects;
- Development of compliance policy and procedures;
- Preparing for Cover holder audits;
- Management of the Compliance Inbox, where appropriate answering queries or referring to the appropriate person for response;
- working closely with external compliance consultants on all complex compliance issues;
- Preparing and reviewing of the compliance monitoring plan;
- Preparing the quarterly compliance report to the Group Board and other regulated subsidiaries;
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
The Compliance Executive is required to have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and ideally about 2-3 years of experience in the insurance field or a compliance support role.
CII qualifications (or working towards it) preferred but not essential
ICA qualified (or working towards it) preferred but not essential
Lloyd’s and London market experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to use all Microsoft office packages to a high demonstrable level including but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and confidence to be able to respond clearly to queries and questions
- This role would suit someone who enjoys working in a fast pace, varied working environment and who is keen to develop new practices and processes.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks within a high pressured environment, including working to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and approachable
Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a large organisation with a breadth of experience in different areas
Relevant Financial Services experience
Nova Search & Selection are acting as an employment agency for this role.