Category and Insight Executive
We're looking for a talented Category and Insights Executive who can turn all of our category and shopper data into actionable insight with our retailers. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a couple of years' experience in the industry under their belt - If you think you would get a buzz from spotting that valuable insight that unlocks growth opportunities for both our company and our retailers, this could be the role for you.
Here are the most important things we're looking for from you:
About the role
- Experience at data analysis - Nielsen/ IRI/ Kantar not just churning the numbers but telling the story behind them too. We'd love someone who can help to train and coach the rest of the business to make the best possible use of our data and insights, so being self-sufficient when it comes to understanding the data will be key
- Excellent communication skills, in particular presentation skills
- Ability to build great relationships
- Outcome focused, results driven
- Able to prioritise quickly in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Happy to roll sleeve up and get stuck in
- Interest in working in FMCG, in category management or insights
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company and to put your entrepreneurial skills to the test.
You'll report into and work closely with the Head of Category, but will have full ownership of retailers. The team sits within the wider Commercial function of the business and is at an exciting stage in its development - we're investing a considerable amount in understanding our shoppers and consumers and aim to be the best in class in industry. You'll work closely with the relevant commercial manager for your customer accounts, and also work cross-functionally with the Marketing team to help the wider business understand us and our competitors
Here are the key focus areas of the role itself and here you'd spend the majority of your time:
- You'll be one of the businesses experts in the historic market data and understanding what is driving performance, in order to recommend to both retailers and the business what we should do with range, fixture, price and promotions to unlock future growth. This role requires you to get stuck into detailed data analysis and then step back to see the big picture and work out what needs to be done
- You will need to build and maintain strong relationships with retailers in order for them to trust and implement your recommendations
- You'll provide lots of analysis and insight for the Commercial team to take directly to retailers, as well as developing your on relationship with key buyers and merchandising contacts
- You'll be taking charge of some monthly reporting responsibility to ensure everyone internally understands all of the categories that e operate in and in order to enable the business to make strategic decisions based on data.
Nova Search is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy