Own and manage the complete internal Binder process, proactively advising the business on operational improvement and compliance matters in relation to the Binders, to enable the business to run as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Oversee and review the submission of MI to Placing Brokers and Carriers, primarily the Written Bordereaux process but also all other forms of external reporting.
- To proactively service, maintain and manage the Binders, in conjunction with the Placing Brokers where applicable, including but not limited to
- Binder compliance and operational review
- Providing support and guidance with the set-up of new Binders, as well as at renewal
- Following up on missing Binder endorsements
- Dealing with general Binder queries as they arise
- Assisting with and co-ordinating Binder audits
- Producing internal Audit MI, following and enhancing Group processes
- To ensure the relevant Underwriting Agreement Manuals (“Bibles”) and guides are created and kept up to date for new and existing Binders.
- To assist with the maintenance of internal trackers (for example Premium and Profit Commission).
- To work with the Credit Control Team with regards to the accurate reporting and effectiveness of the Binders.
- To work with the MI and/or IT Team in the creation of monthly stats, reports and subsequent analysis
- To manage the compilation, review and presentation of Written Bordereaux to Directors/Department Heads for final checks in accordance with the Group month-end procedures.
- To ensure the timely and accurate submission of Written Bordereaux, and any other external reporting, to Carriers/Placing Brokers in accordance with the Binder terms and conditions.
- To assist with and provide guidance on the use of Lloyd’s tools, such as Atlas and BARS, and Xchanging.
- To ensure company information is kept up to date on Lloyd’s Atlas.
- To build and develop trusted relationships with Underwriters and Directors/Department Heads.
- To identify areas for improvement and work with the Operations Manager and Directors/Department Heads to ascertain solutions, agreeing and managing the change within the Group and evaluating its benefits.
- To deal with complex queries from the business, using them as a way to improve service.
- To undertake reconciliation projects under direction of the Operations Manager, and then presenting and seeing through the strategy for rectification.
- To provide high quality and effective, technical and administrative support to the Operations Manager and wider business.
- To respond quickly and pro-actively to ad-hoc requests from external and internal contacts alike.
- To keep up to date with insurance market news and regulatory requirements, highlighting key developments and changes to the Operations Manager and Directors/Department Heads as appropriate.
- To assist in the training of junior staff within the Operations Team.
- To provide assistance to the Operations Manager on all operational activities, working alongside the Operations Team.
- Refer any matter beyond the level of an individual’s experience or authority to their line manager
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Ideally educated to ‘A’ level, or equivalent, with strong GCSE, or equivalent, in maths.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi- task.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Technical and analytical mindset.
- Ability to filter information, assess priorities and make informed decisions.
- Ability to maintain and develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- A responsible attitude.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision
- IT literacy including good skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Delegated Authority Agreements essential.
- Previous experience working in either an MGA or a Broker.
- Broker technician experience advantageous.