Our client currently has an Account Handler vacancy, to join their modern and friendly organisation, within the Corporate Division in their Egham office.
A leading chartered corporate Insurance Broker providing Insurance, Risk Management and related services to businesses and private clients. Having the Chartered Insurance Broker title ensures they demonstrate our commitment to professionalism by recognising and reinforcing standards of knowledge, capability and ethical practice throughout the organisation.
The company is ranked in the top 20 independent commercial insurance broking businesses in the UK.
- Provide a day-to-day technical, competent, responsive and efficient administrative service to clients.
- Client retention through the provision of a professional service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
- To comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Company’s own procedures and rules.
- Must work on the principal of treating customers fairly and behave in an ethical manner.
- Liaise with Account Executive / Manager as to method of obtaining renewal information and preparation of renewal questionnaire
- To prepare complete, clear and accurate broking presentations in line with departmental standards, so that negotiations with underwriters produce the most competitive premiums and best insurance coverage for clients
- Once the renewal is broked to provide the Account Executive/Manager with information as required for a renewal visit/client contact
- To prepare complete, clear and accurate renewal reports for presentation to all clients
- To process renewal and all other invoices and documentation within the office timescales
- To ensure that declarations in respect of year end adjustable policies are collected as soon as possible after renewal
Day to day servicing
- To ensure that all additional cover requested during the year is effected with insurers immediately and confirmed in writing.
- To keep Account Executives/Manager informed of significant developments
- To check and process policy documents/endorsements, together with invoices for accuracy prior to dispatch to clients
- To ensure that all records (file and computer) are accurate during the currency of the insurance to reduce Errors & Omissions exposure
- To ensure records are archived as appropriate
- To provide risk management data in an agreed format
- To refer all complaints to the Complaints Officer immediately
- To refer any potential Errors & Omissions immediately to Director and or Compliance Manager
- To provide a positive contribution to the team objectives
- To answer the telephone, ensuring that information given is accurately recorded
- To make written records of all conversations and meetings with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contact
- To update knowledge of insurance market as & when developments occur
- To continue improvement in technical insurance knowledge
- To liaise with accounts department as and when required
- To carry out tasks which from time to time may reasonably be requested by a senior member of staff
- To ensure self-development through attendance at Technical Seminars, Courses, Professional Studies etc.
- To ensure diary checks are maintained
- Ideally minimum of 2 years Commercial broking experience
- Acturis system – useful but not essential
- Ideally Cert CII or working towards
- Excellent and accurate administration & communication skills
- Networking / influencing skills
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to utilise IT for maximum advantage
Nova Search & Selection operates as an Employment Agency for this vacancy.